Transportation / Supervision / Catering
The availability of the below services may be updated according to governmental guidelines regarding health and safety.
The School offers the following transport services:
1. City bus shuttle: There is a daily 50 seat bus service to and from the centre of the city.
- Morning departure from Piazza Oberdan 8:00 AM (arrival IST 8.25 AM)
- Afternoon departure from IST 4:00 PM (arrival Piazza Oberdan 4:25 PM)
Stops can be arranged along the route by parental request. There is always a teacher on the bus to ensure student safety.
2. Regional bus shuttle: It is possible to organize transportation for students who live outside Trieste. The route and costs are set each year based on requests by parents. Currently two buses run:
- one 18 seat bus for Udine based students which departs from Udine train station;
- one 31 seat bus which departs from Ronchi and with stops in Monfalcone, Duino and Sistiana.
The above mentioned busses can also be used occasionally, subject to availability of seats.
The school offers an early morning and afternoon supervision service for students in Early Childhood.
- The school will provide a morning supervision service reserved to Early Childhood and Elementary students. The service will be available in two periods of time (from 7:30am or from 8:00am) for those who signed up by completing the data confirmation form. The service will be available at an annual cost of €450 if used from 7:30am and €225 if used from 8:00am. Requests to make use of the service for a single day will be accepted only if there are spaces available. The daily single cost will be €3.
- The school will also provide after-school supervision from 3.00pm to 3.45pm for all Early Childhood classes. For Kinder 2 children, considering their age, we recommend that parents speak with the class teacher before signing up for the service. The annual fee will be €418; supervision is free for students with older siblings at the school and for those who use the bus service. Day requests to make use of the service will be accepted only if there are spaces available. The single day cost will be €3.
School fees at the International School of Trieste include lunch for all students as well as snacks for children in the Early Childhood. The food is prepared daily in the school kitchen by a chef and a team of five assistants.
An alternative to the daily menu is always available for vegans/vegetarians and students who have allergies or specific dietary requirements. Any requirements must be confirmed in writing to the Office who will inform kitchen staff and teachers, where relevant.
Pedevilla is the catering company for the 2023/2024 school year.
Over the course of the year, the kitchen also prepares traditional ethnic and regional menus in conjunction with international festivals (Chinese New Year, Halloween, Easter, etc.).